Phoenix Adam Ltd declares a Climate Emergency
- We recognise the existential crises humankind faces from global heating, increased frequency of extreme weather events and dramatic wildlife loss.
Environmental professionals hold the key to developing and implementing solutions to the climate and ecological emergency.
We must also recognise how our own activities contribute to greenhouse gas emissions and biodiversity loss.
We therefore commit to:
- Advocating strongly for ambitious levels of commitment to action on climate and ecology by decision makers at all levels, alongside appropriate allocation of resources to enable concerted action at all levels of society.
- Empowering our employees, clients and supply chains to deliver zero carbon, resillient and adaptive programmes and projects which enhance biodiversity and wider environmental net gain.
- Aiming as an organisation to achieve a net zero emissions target by 2021.
- Leading our profession to deliver resilliance and adaption measures extensively in response to increasing climate change risks.
- Working with organizations across our sector to collectively drive and share best practise, reflecting the latest scientific evidence and innovation.